U11 Girls County Hockey Tournament, Lindum (Time TBC)

Venue: AWAY - LN2 6PE

Date: Friday 10th November

Coach: Miss Wood & Miss Bingham

Start Time: 2.30pm

Lunch At: 12.15pm

Estimated Finish Time: 4.15pm


Team Selection:

Alice A

Martha B

Amelia D

Esme M (C)

Grace S (GK)

Liberty D

Aurora F

Jasmine G

Annabel S



Change first break

Water Bottles essential

Full tracksuit for match teas


U11 County Champs v Lincoln Minster

The U11 girls travelled to Lindum on Friday to meet Lincoln Minster in the County Finals. Determined to display their new found confidence, St Hugh's stepped onto the pitch with a positive team spirit. From the very first whistle, the play was incredibly competitive. The away team set the standard with beautiful passing, which Minster took in their stride displaying fantastic teamwork and communication. Within the first few minutes, the home team had secured a scrappy goal managing to get round the strong St Hugh's defensive line. Fighting back with vigour, the away team worked the ball up the pitch, using the wings to drive the ball into the D. After a few chances and some great deflections from the Minster keeper, St Hughs were again on the defensive returning to support keeper Grace who stood one on one with an attacker. The ball was slipped hard into the left corner, narrowly missing Grace’s foot. Pushing the ball hard from the St Hughs centre, the girls began to roll the ball across the pitch from side to side, drawing the opposition out and allowing space for the midfield to run into. Picking up the ball and driving down the wing, Esme passed the ball across the D where Annabel stood ready to sweep the ball into the goal, scoring a beautiful goal. Revived after half time, St Hugh's worked hard to use the wings, with Liberty making superb runs from the defensive D to provide a few good attacking chances. Unable to secure the goals needed, the away team took a more defensive role and temporarily held back the opposition. After many attempts on goal, Minster finally found their third and fourth goals shortly before the final whistle blew, resulting in a 4-1 loss for St Hugh's.