U11A&B Girls’ Hockey v Wisbech GS (A) - 2.30pm

Venue: AWAY, PE13 1RH

Coaches: Miss Wood & Mrs Ellicker-Campling

Start Time: 2.30pm

Return/Finish Time: 5.30pm





Notes: Change first break.  Water bottles, skins, hoodies, tracksuits essential.

Report U11A

Loss 7-1

A particularly tough afternoon of hockey saw the U11 A’s working their socks off against a very disciplined Wisbech team. The first half was a blur of movement from both teams as the ball was shuttled up, down and across the pitch. St Hugh’s worked the ball well down the wings, gaining many opportunities inside their attacking D. The home side used their strength in the middle, putting the St Hugh’s defence under constant pressure. Annabel did a cracking job in goal, saving many hard and accurate shots on goal. The Wisbech keeper was unstoppable, saving each St Hugh’s attempt at goal until the final minute of the first half. Fantastic teamwork saw the ball move from stick to stick until (Beth) saw a gap in the Wisbech defence. She drove hard across the D and popped the ball simply into the goal.

The second half was a struggle for the away team; the midfield lacked energy after 20 minutes constant running, leaving Helena alone in defence. Wisbech took advantage of this, sending the ball up the pitch hard to their hovering forward who showed adeptness at shooting for the corners of the goal. Wisbech seemed never to tire, but St Hugh’s fought back! Despite gaining a handful of shots on goal, the away team were unable to reduce the goal difference before the final whistle blew.

I am really impressed with the determination shown by the U11 girls this week, who never let their heads drop despite the score line.

Report U11B


This was a hard afternoon for the girls, in the first half Wisbech scored 8 goals, which could have been more without the hard work and determination from the girls defence, Emily, Daphne and Lucy. The girls tried very hard to get the ball up the pitch but Wisbech was very disciplined and closed us down. At half time the girls were determined to play better and gave targets in which to improve on, which they did. The second half of the game, the girls improved in their communication and defence. Some strong tackles and good running from Freya and Leah gave the girls a few chances but we could not break through. Wisbech scored 5 goals in this half but as it was in the first half this could have been more without the defence.

I would like to say well done to the girls especially Leah who played in her first match. Player of the match chosen by Wisbech was Hatty.