U13 Girls Hockey Tournament, Lindum

Venue: Away  - Lindum LN2 6PE

Date: Wednesday 8th November 2017

Coach: Mr Goodhand & Miss Bingham

Lunch Time: Packed Lunch

Start Time: 12.30

Return Time: 16:30


Team Selection:

Ava  W (GK)

Bridie M (C)

Emily R

Molly R

Grace P

Georgina H

Pippa S

Isabelle G

Emily S

Caitlin L



Change at first break.

Wear tracksuits and baselayers.

Bring a water bottle.


15 min halves with 2 min break

1.10pm                        Pitch 2 Stamford v St Hugh's

1.50pm                        Pitch 1 Bourne GS v St Hugh's

2.30pm                        Pitch 2 LMS v St Hugh's

On Wednesday the 8th November the U13 Girls travelled to Lindum for their County tournament.

There were 3 games, each with 15 minutes half.

The first game was going to be the hard one as we took on Stamford.  We seemed to be caught by the occasion and did not play well as a team.  Our communication, positioning, movement, decision marking and teamwork were all weak.  Stamford scored from open play after 7 minutes and this split the teams at half time.  We came out hard, but conceded a second after only a minute.  Stamford's third closed out the game on the 10 minute mark.  End score 3-0.

Our second game was against Bourne Grammar and already our movement and decision making had improved.  We were first on the score sheet when Georgina H was at hand on the back post to turn into the goal.  It was pleasing that our drills over the last week were starting to work. The second came a minute later when Bridie M shot from the edge of the D on her reverse and beat the keeper.  Bridie's second came on 10 minutes and Pippa S got our 4th on the 11 minute mark when Grace P provided the pass. 

In the second half Bourne pulled one back in the 1st minute, but this was soon cancelled out as Bridie converted a short corner.  On 7 minutes Bridie got her 4th of the game.  It took until the 14th minute before there was another goal and then two came at one.  First Bourne got their second before Pippa S replied immediately with a big strike.  Final score 7-2 to St. Hugh's.

Our final game was against Lincoln Minster and we knew if we got a positive result we would be second.  We score almost immediately as Minster were caught napping by Bridie's shot.  It wasn't until the 10th minute before we made the game effectively safe as Bridie got her second.  At half time we were 2-0 up.  In the second half Pippa scored in the 1st minute.  Georgina got her second of the tournament on 6 minutes and our 5th was in the 14 minute scored again by Bridie.  Final score 5-0 to St. Hugh's.