U13 Hockey v Tranby (A) 4.10pm

Please see downloads for TEAM SHEET. It is imperative that you contact Mr Goodhand in advance if you intend to collect from Tranby please. This is to help us plan the return journey home. Many thanks. 

Match Reports

U13 A Team

Result: U13 A5-2 Loss

We travelled over the Humber Bridge to our first fixture of the year. Following a good singalong enroute spirits were high as we arrived at a soggy Tranby, thankfully the rain held off for the majority of the match.

We started with Charlotte in goal and a defence of Sophie and Poppy. The midfield was Jemima and Annabelle with the wingers of Florence and Kitty. Our sub for the day was Grace who was able to roll into any of the four forward positions.

The game was tight for the first eight minutes of the 20 in the first half but then Tranby scored three goals in six minutes before we gathered ourselves for the last six minutes to keep them out.  Some loose back passes and the team not tracking back to help defend had let us down.  

The first five minutes of the second half saw us concede a further two goals but then we started to play better hockey; we moved the ball further and faster to our own teammates and Florence was using her pace on the wing.

We scored two goals with Florence and Jemima getting on the scoresheet and in the final quarter of the game we were in the ascendency. With no game next week due to the Paris trip we need to start on the front foot against Witham Hall in our first home game of the season before the IAPS tournament and the sports tour.

U13B Team

Result: 7-2 loss

First half of the match saw a strong Tranby team take control of the game early. St Hugh’s panicked in response, forgetting what we had put into practice at training, leading to Tranby taking a four goal lead.

After a halftime analysis of the game, St Hugh’s returned to the pitch a much more confident side. Moving the ball to create width and defending early on the opposition saw them win more possession. Megan fed the line well and assisted in St Hugh’s now having four attempts at goal. Teamwork and perseverance eventually paid off with both Ela and Alicia finding the back of the goal. Great finish to the game! Well done team!