U13A (2.30pm) & U13B (3.15pm) Boys’ Hockey v Witham (H)

Venue: Home

Coach: Mr Goodhand

Change: 13:50

Start Time: 14:30 A Team

Start Time: 15:15 B Team

Finish Time: 16:30

A Team

Jack C (C)
Lorenzo F (GK)
Toby A
Digby V
William H
Ben McC
George P

B Team 

Matthew L (GK)
Harry S (C)
Sam S
Charlie H
Jake W
Louis C
Alfie R
Henry B
Joseph Sh

Notes: Bring a water bottle & coat & hat


The U13 boys' A&B hockey teams competed against Witham Hall at home.

The first game was the As.  The boys were up against tough opposition and they started well battling for every ball and keeping the opposition under pressure.  There was only one goal in the first half as Witham scored on 5 minutes. The defence was looking solid with Lorenzo talking well and dominating his D and Digby working well with the solid stalwart Toby.  William was battling well in the midfield and using Ben on the left outlet.  George, as always, was tricky through the middle with his little flicks and skipper Jack was working hard on the right wing working forwards when attacking as well as covering his defensive duties.  Gabriel was this week's super-sub playing for both the As and the Bs.

In the second half we again started sharp and it was again 5 minutes when Witham scored.  A 2-0 game would be a fair result for a well fought game, however we lost our defensive focus for 5 minutes and conceded 3 goals.  The final score was 5-0 to the opposition.  Man of the Match was William for running the game.

The B team then took to the pitch.  We looked the better team from the off, but Joseph didn't have his shooting glasses on as we created lots of chances.  Jake and Harry were solid in defence protecting Sam.  Charlie was his normal bag of energy in the midfield and Alfie, Henry and Gabriel were providing good with and support on the wings. The first goal on 12 minutes was scored by Witham as a strong shot crept under Sam's outstretched left foot.  However, with 30 seconds left to the half Charlie got our well deserved equaliser. 

The half time talk was about more of the same, but making use of Harry's big hit forward to Joseph, looking to stretch the pitch.  This helped to create space and Charlie scored his second after 4 minutes.  We continued to have the majority of the play, keeping the Witham attack out of out D and the game finished 2-1 to St. Hugh's.  Man of the Match is Charlie for his creativity and endless energy.