Years 1& 2 Speech and Drama Festival
A huge well done to Years 1 and 2 who had a fantastic morning performing their poetry or prose to not only their classmates but also their families - and a guest judge!
Everyone peformed their piece brilliantly, showing wonderful determination and continuing despite their nerves. All of the children spoke clearly, showed off what they had learnt and, best of all, made everyone smile.
Thank you to Mrs Scott, Head of English at Banovallum School, for being our guest judge. It was lovely to welcome her to school and hear her praise the children - clearly impressed by their performances.
Well done and a huge round of applause to everyone, and congratulations to the winners:
- Overall winner: Bonnie W - The Tyger by William Blake
- 1st place: Edward - Looking Forward by Robert Louis Stevenson
- 2nd place: Otto - The Porcupine by Ogden Nash
- 3rd place: Sienna - Smile by Spike Milligan
- 1st place: Hugo - Dirt on my Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy
- 2nd place: Libby - Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
- 3rd place: Willow - The Loser by Shel Silverstein