NPSA Athletics (Y6/7/8) @ Doncaster,
Please see downloads for TEAM SHEET. Programme will be available beginning of next week hopefully. Normal bus provision in place. Pupils should take red bags home on Wednesday after fixtures and arrive ready to compete on Thursday morning. Please bring red bags with full tracksuit, water botte and suncream.
On Thursday 25th May St Hugh’s athletes travelled to the Eco Power Stadium in Doncaster for the Athletics Championships. This was the qualifying event for the Nationals taking place in Nuneaton on the 3rd July. It was a well attended athletics meet with athletes from other schools across the East region.
We travelled with a strong, well prepared team captained by Florence L with hopes of performing well. After warming up and familiarising ourselves with the surroundings it was time for the St Hugh’s athletes to show what they can do. The results from the whole team were impressive and speak for themselves:
- Charles - shot put (6m58 - 2)
- Charlie - 100m (15 - 3) and long jump (3.83m - 2)
- Annabelle - long jump (3m05 - 4) and shot put (5m80 - 2)
- Rupert - 1500m (5.44 - 2)
- Kitty - 100m (15.09 - 1) and 200m (32.61 - 3)
- Aydin - discus (15m45 - 4) and javelin (20m42 - 5)
- Amelia - shot put (7m20 - 2)
- Florence - long jump (4m22 - 1) and 1500m (5.15 - 1)
- Rico - 100m (13.84 - 4) and long jump (4m47 - 1)
- Elliot - discus (20m06) and javelin (29m87 - 1)
*Those in bold text have qualified for the Nationals in Nuneaton on the 3rd of July.
Well done everyone and we look forward to the Nationals!