Community & Charitable Initiatives
At St Hugh’s we believe that community and charitable links are essential in the development, growth and wellbeing of all our pupils. We encourage pupils to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the School and the wider community and we actively seek links with the local community.
The choir sings at care homes during Advent, at the Woodhall Spa Christmas market and occasionally at weddings and funerals. St. Hugh's have also played host to the Woodhall Spa and Horncastle Rotary Music competition.
The school invites residents from local care homes to our Nativity plays and school musicals. We also provide transport for primary school children to attend these events.
Our sports facilities are regularly used by local teams and clubs, and we often assist by providing qualified coaches and instructors. We also have sports fixtures with many schools in the maintained sector and invite them to events such as our Aquathlon and sports tournaments.
At St Hugh’s, our pupils enjoy raising money for charity all year round and most activities are pupil-led. We support a diverse range of charities, each nominated by the pupils themselves, and have three major fundraising days each year. These SET or House based days are led by Year 8 pupils and gives them valuable experience in organising and running events.
In the 2017-18 academic year the following charities were supported:
- Red Set raised money for Breast Cancer Now £603
- MacMillan Coffee Morning £370
- Sport Relief £152
- William Syndrome Foundation £220
- White Set raised money for Matt Hampson £1497
- Annual Fun Run for the RAF Benevolent Fund £1020
- Blue Set raised money for Young Minds £714
- The pupils donated 107 Shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child
- The pupils donated over 50 Easter eggs to raise money for Lincolnshire Air Ambulance