U13A Rugby Triangular v Oakham & Kings Ely (A), 2:30pm

Venue: Oakham  LE15 6QL

Coach: Mr Sinnott

Lunch Time: 12.15pm

Start Time: 2.30pm

Return/Finish Time: 5.45pm

Toby A

Jake W

Gabriel S

Joseph S

Lorenzo F (Captain)

Louis C

William H

George P

Charlie H

Ben McC

Henry B

Digby V

Jack C

Harry S

Ethan C

Notes: Leave at 12.45pm.  Remember water bottle.

On what was a rainy and muddy day St Hugh’s under 13 travelled to Oakham to play a triangular tournament against Oakham and Kings Ely.

Firstly, we played against Oakham. We won the toss and chose to receive. Our defence was solid but unfortunately Oakham slipped around us and scored a try. They scored a further 3 tries by running through the gaps in our line.

The half time whistle blew and the score was 4-0 to Oakham. We had an encouraging team talk with Mr Sinnott and we got on the pitch feeling stronger than before.

In the second half the backs were more organized and the forwards were straight in the rucks and pushing. We improved as the game was progressing. Unluckily, our tackling is something we need to work on and Oakham ran past our defence and put the ball over the line. As the game came closer to the end, we tried harder to break through their defence but with no success.

End score was 6-0 to Oakham.

Our second game was against Kings Ely. We knew that this game would be harder as we were exhausted from the previous game.

We won the toss and chose to kick. We defended well and only few balls got past us. During the first half they scored 2 tries as we were scared of tackling and there were too many missed tackles. Kings Ely got around us a further 2 times and put the ball over the line.

The first half ended with the score being 4-0. We had a good team talk with Mr Sinnott and came on the fields with our heads high.

We defended better in the second half than we did in the first. We had good rucking from the forwards and we also had the opportunity to quickly pass the ball along the line to Ben, who ran down the wing and placed the ball over their try line

End score of the second game was 4-1 to Kings Ely.

A special mention to Gabriel for exceptional hooking and to Will for persevering despite a leg injury.